Konkan Kuber - Borivali (E)


A sustained urge (of over a few months) to have spicy non-veg gravies with nice Indian kind of  fish fry had the family heading out to Konkan Kuber. It’s a restaurant I have been meaning to visit for some time but somehow never managed to reach. So once we got there I was happy; first hurdle crossed.

It’s your friendly neighbourhood restaurant, nothing fancy. Its size is ‘M’ and the emphasis is more on food – luckily – than on interiors.

After the order was placed the first thing that grabbed our attention was the plates. Have a look. They definitely made for interesting conversation for a few minutes.


The first thing to arrive on the table was the crab kalimiri soup. Enjoyed by those who had cold but since I wasn’t one of them I didn’t like the soup much.


Then we had the stuffed bombil. The taste oscillated between ok and good. I am sorry that I am unable to give a clear-cut verdict about this dish; which is highly unusual for me, but there you have it. So you guys try it and let me know how your taste buds felt about it.


Then we had the chicken thali. Now, for this I can give you a clear-cut verdict, it was yummy. There was roti, rice, solkadi and two types of chicken – dry and wet. Both were awesome. Their chicken masala is our favourite and we keep ordering it for home delivery.  


The other thali we had was surmai thali. The perfect adjective for the fried surmai was ‘piquant’. It was hot, spicy and perfectly fried.


We also had caramel custard and truth be told I didn’t have great expectations from it, but it was surprisingly gratifying.


The service is friendly too. Tekendra our server was fast and efficient.

To conclude, it was a good meal. The chicken malwani sukha and malwani masala we keep ordering but the surmai is best had at the restaurant coz it loses its crispiness by the time it reaches home. Will go back to have surmai and this time will try the pomfret too. It had looked so enticing when I had looked over at the neighbouring table.

Konkan Kubera Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato